Welcome to the BizArk Toolkit Home Page
UPDATE: BizArk v3 is now available on GitHub! Check it Out or read about the update
BizArk Toolkit is a container for different reusable things.
- Simple but powerful command-line argument parsing. See
- Console application with command-line parsing Console application with command-line parsing and
- Robust data-type conversion class. Handles many types of conversions that the built-in .Net conversion class cannot. See
Data Type Conversions.
- WebHelper class, similar to the WebClient, but supports multiple-file uploads, setting the timeout to something other than the default, and allows customization of the request. See
- String templates allow you to used named arguments in a string instead of numeric place holders while still getting the formatting capabilities of String.Format. See
- Data caching with built-in time-out and memory management.
- Simple class factory for replacing types with other types.
- Application object provides simplified access to the typical applicaion attributes, cache, and file utilities based on the application (temp directory, relative to app path, etc)
- A mime type map that can be used to get a mime type based on a file extension. This map defaults to the
Apache Mime.Types file.
- Use embedded fonts or fonts from a file with FontUtil.
- Manage your database access using the Database class. It can return strongly typed values with the ExecuteScalar<T> functions and you can use the Select<T> method to map an IDataReader to an object.
- Many extension methods (over 160):
- Array - Shrink, Convert, IndexOf, Contains, Copy
- PropertyDescriptor - GetAttribute
- Type - GetAttribute, Implements (checks if type implements an interface), IsDerivedFrom, Instantiate (creates a new instance of the type)
- Assembly - GetAttribute
- Object - GetAttribute, Convert, GetValue (gets a property value using reflection)
- Size - Resize (proportional resize given max width and height)
- Exception - GetDetails (full log of exception)
- Image - Open (opens Image in default application), GetExtension (gets the appropriate file extension for an Image), Resize (proportionally resizes image)
- String - Wrap (wraps a string based on a max char count), Lines (returns an array of strings delimited by newline), Words (returns an array of strings delimited by white space), F
- Xml - Easily get and set values in an XmlDocument.
- Web - Encode/decode html and url strings.
- Format - Convenient methods for formatting numeric values, a shortcut for string.Format, and a shortcut for
- Data - Methods to get typed values from IDataReader, DataRow, and DataRowView. Uses ConvertEx to convert values if necessary.
Available on nuget in two packages:
BizarkToolKit: the full toolkit
Bizark.Core: contains the command-line parsing component
Build hosted on CodeBetter's TeamCity:
NOTE: This project is not associated with the website of the same name.