Welcome to the BizArk Toolkit Home Page
The BizArk Toolkit is a hobby project of mine. It's a container for different things that I work on at home that I want to share with others.
Now on NuGet!
- Simple but powerful command-line argument parsing. See
- Robust data-type conversion class. Handles many types of conversions that the built-in .Net conversion class cannot. See
Data Type Conversions.
- WebHelper class, similar to the WebClient, but supports multiple-file uploads, setting the timeout to something other than the default, and allows customization of the request. See
- String templates allow you to used named arguments in a string instead of numeric place holders while still getting the formatting capabilities of String.Format. See
- Data caching with built-in time-out and memory management.
- Simple class factory for replacing types with other types.
- Application object provides simplified access to the typical applicaion attributes, cache, and file utilities based on the application (temp directory, relative to app path, etc)
- A mime type map that can be used to get a mime type based on a file extension. This map defaults to the
Apache Mime.Types file.
- Use embedded fonts or fonts from a file with FontUtil.
- Manage your database access using the Database class. It can return strongly typed values with the ExecuteScalar<T> functions and you can use the Select<T> method to map an IDataReader to an object.
- Many extension methods (over 160):
- Array - Shrink, Convert, IndexOf, Contains, Copy
- PropertyDescriptor - GetAttribute
- Type - GetAttribute, Implements (checks if type implements an interface), IsDerivedFrom, Instantiate (creates a new instance of the type)
- Assembly - GetAttribute
- Object - GetAttribute, Convert, GetValue (gets a property value using reflection)
- Size - Resize (proportional resize given max width and height)
- Exception - GetDetails (full log of exception)
- Image - Open (opens Image in default application), GetExtension (gets the appropriate file extension for an Image), Resize (proportionally resizes image)
- String - Wrap (wraps a string based on a max char count), Lines (returns an array of strings delimited by newline), Words (returns an array of strings delimited by white space), F
- Xml - Easily get and set values in an XmlDocument.
- Web - Encode/decode html and url strings.
- Format - Convenient methods for formatting numeric values, a shortcut for string.Format, and a shortcut for
- Data - Methods to get typed values from IDataReader, DataRow, and DataRowView. Uses ConvertEx to convert values if necessary.
Here are some positive reviews that the project has received...
Simply amazing. Takes the complexity out of stupidly complex things like file uploading. Code is also very modular. As long as you have the Util folder and the Convert folder in your project, you can just include the folders you need for your project.
I am amazed this only has 82 downloads, this is the most helpful library for .NET I have ever used. The docs are well written, but a bit scarce.
by alecgorge on Sep 22 at 8:23 AM
BizArk provides an amazing command line parsing library that others can not match. Unexpected features, such as: Default Arguments, Aliases, and more make BizArk an amazing reference to have in your project, no matter what kind of project it is.
by JonnyLitt on Aug 20 at 11:01 AM
Build hosted on CodeBetter's TeamCity
NOTE: This project is not associated with the website of the same name.