This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

BizArk Toolkit vs. BizArk.Core

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:45 AM
I am looking at the above mentioned Nuget packages and while BizArk.Core is fairly recent (10. feb 2015), BizArk Toolkit is old (27. nov 2011).

I assume the Toolkit includes and old version of Core, correct? Is it possible using nuget to get both the most recent Toolkit as well as Core? (I assume Core will conflict with Toolkit).

Is there any plan to update Toolkit?
Developer
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:50 AM
@galmok thank you for your feedback. You are right, Bizark.Core is updated constantly with new features and bug fixes. The most used and updated part of it was and still is command line parsing and console application tooling. We would like to understand what are your usage of the BizArk Toolkit?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:06 AM
The Toolkit has been discontinued. Boris has been doing a great job of maintaining the project and keeping the Core up-to-date. There didn't seem to be any reason to keep both Nuget projects going. I don't believe that the Toolkit has anything that isn't in Core (at least that we are continuing to maintain). If there is something missing that you are using, I would be interested in hearing about it.
May 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM
I am looking for a command line parsing library that I will continue to use and in my search I needed to try out BizArk as it looked decent. I haven't decided on any library yet and have tested quite a few. They all have shortcomings one way or the other and I have to make a compromise. I merely noticed that there was both Core and Toolkit on NuGet and I didn't find any explanation on their difference/similarities and level of obsoleteness. Now I know that Toolkit is obsolete and I wont use its features (would make sense to split command line parsing from the rest).
Coordinator
May 4, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Thanks. If you end up picking a different library, it would be great if you let us know what you picked why you picked it over BizArk.